· Curriculum Development
· Creating innovative solutions
· Community Outreach
· Educational Technology
· Data Analysis
· Instructional Coaching
· Creating and Leading Professional Development
· Differentiating instruction
· Facilitating meetings and trainings
· Working within a budget
· Meeting deadlines
· Collaborating with diverse teams
· IT troubleshooting
Thomson Elementary School, DC Public Schools, 2010- Present
Technology Instructional Coach, Member of Academic Leadership Team
2014 – Present
· Supervised teachers and education staff regarding technology integration related to industry best practices of utilizing digital resources in educational activities.
· Served as a building leader, working on a diverse, multidisciplinary, team developing budgets, launching new programs, providing feedback for teachers and managing student concerns.
· Provided guidance and coaching on policies, procedures and best practices in the areas of, elementary education, special education, English as a second language, and early childhood education.
· Utilized expert content knowledge to create innovative solutions to enhance classroom instruction, time management, planning and collaboration.
· Created school social media and website, enhancing community involvement.
Teacher, 2010 – 2014
· Taught several subjects; Elementary classroom teacher, TESOL, Special Education, Technology, Reading Intervention.
· Demonstrated consistent student growth on standardized assessments.
· Working with all grades (Head Start—5th)
· Demonstrated mastery of several commercial reading and language intervention programs.
· Co-Founded Listening for Literacy, an award winning, individualized intervention program for language learners.
· Differentiated instruction based on individual needs of students.
· Collected, tracked and analyzed data to make effective evaluations of instructional programs.
· Attended several professional development opportunities to remain informed on latest industry standards.
DC Teaching Fellows- Fall, 2009
Chicago Public Schools, Armstrong Elementary School 2008-2009
Special Education, Educational Aide
Devonshire Playhouse, Skokie, IL 2006
Choreographer, Stage Manager, Children's Theatre
Gymnastics Coaching Experience 2001-2007
The Little Gym of Chicago
Lakeshore Academy of Artistic Gymnastics
US Gymnastics Training Center
Malone's Gymnastics Academy
Member, Board of Directors, Potomac Curling Club—Present
· Elected to multi year term.
· Potomac Curling Club is a 501(c)3 organization.
· Responsible for overseeing all club operations, for over 200 members, according to established bylaws.
· Chair of Committee for Sales and Marketing, Member of committee overseeing events.
· Proven success in fundraising and sponsorships
Educational Consultant, ArtSmart Summer Camp
Stienbrek Center for Urban Studies, 2013
· Provided curriculum support for community outreach, summer camp project
· Collaborated with teams from several different organizations to create a successful experience for underprivileged students.
DCPS Highly Effective Teacher, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Women in Technology, Rising Star Leadership Award, 2013
ING Unsung Hero Award and Grant, 2013
Hitachi Grant Recipient, 2015
Ray Solom Grant Recipient, 2013, 2014
Award winning innovator of new education and technology initiatives, highly effective educator and expert in professional development.
Lincensure Held in
The District of Columbia
· Social Studies 6-12
· Elementary Education
· SPED non-cat 1-12
· TESOL Prek-12